It’s the Autumn Junk Sale next meeting (Thursday 25th October)!
Please bring along any unwanted broadly tech based items in order to support the club. RF based junk is always very desirable. Also bring
your cash along buy -er- lots of useful stuff!
Venue: Woodford Park, Woodley as usual. The auction will start 8pm sharp so it’s best to arrive early (eg. 7:30pm) to have a look at the wares.
Please note a couple of things:
* If you successfully bid on something, you’ll need to wait until the
end to settle up.
* If you bring junk along and it doesn’t sell then please be prepared to take it home with you.
Also please read the rules below.
If you have not been before – it’s a hoot. It is an auction run by the
club’s very own top auctioneers/jesters. Even if you don’t wish to buy,
the evening is always entertaining.
Prices tend to be extremely affordable – much better than rallies, for
RADARC Junk Sale Rules
1. All buyers must be in possession of a bidding number before the auction starts. Non-Members will be required to either join the Club or pay a fee (£2) for this number. Registering for a bidding number implies acceptance of these rules (Non-members bringing material for sale for club funds are admitted free);
2. On completion of a sale, the purchaser must make clear their number and the price paid before taking the goods;
3. Viewing is only allowed up until the point the meeting begins. Following this, all purchasers must keep away from the main selling area in order to allow the event to proceed in an orderly manner. Under no circumstances will bidders be allowed to view articles which are in the process of being sold;
4. It is assumed that all goods are sold for the benefit of the Club. For any person who wishes to have an item sold on their behalf, the Club charges a 10% commission. In the case of non-members, a minimum fee of £5 applies. The fact that it is a commission sale and the name / callsign of the beneficiary must be made clear by a label attached to each item;
5. In the event of item 4 not being satisfied, the Club will retain all proceeds of the sale;
6. Any reserve price, whether for a commission sale or not, must be made clear before the auction starts by means of a label attached to the item. Otherwise it will be for the auctioneer to make whatever price they can for the article;
7. For a commission sale (item 4) or with reserve (item 6) it is in the interest of the seller to ensure that the auctioneer is aware of this fact prior to the sale;
8. Settlement of bidders and sellers fees will only occur after the auction of all items ends. Attendees who cannot wait until the end of the auction should nominate someone who can settle on their behalf after the auction of all items ends.
9. At the end of the event, all unsold goods must been removed by the person who brought them;
10. The auctioneer’s decision is final;
11. All good are sold “as seen”
12. Caveat Emptor!